Effective Date November 15, 2019
NATIVE BUSINESS AND CONTACTING US
Native Business owns and operates the Services. You may contact us directly with any questions regarding the content and material on the Website or with any questions about our privacy policies. Please contact us at: Native Business, LLC, 12819 SE 38th Street, #111, Bellevue, WA, 98136 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to receive our newsletter or news in general, subscribe to receive our print publication, fill out a form, create a profile or enter other information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, print publication or to receive other news and general information, respond to a survey, marketing communication or award nomination form, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, award, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly like your ability to purchase multiple products, remember your registered login and other preferred settings, etc.
However, you will still be able to place orders by contacting customer service.
The Advertising on our Service.
Advertising on our Service allows us to offer you the information and products/services free and at no charge. We work extremely hard and make every effort to ensure that advertising is safe, unobtrusive and as relevant as possible.
We may use other technologies, including Flash and HTML5, which provide the functionality for such displays as interactive advertising. We may also use your IP address to select and provide advertising targeted to that address, in order to improve the relevance of the ads you see and to measure and report to advertisers non-personal statistical information about geographical location of those website visitors who are viewing their ads.
The advertising you see on our Service is determined by a number of factors relating to relevance, including (i) your approximate geographical location base on your IP address and (ii) the subject matter you may be viewing on our Service. For example, if you are viewing an article about money, you may see ads concerning financial literacy.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
USE AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY OPERATIONAL PROVIDERS
OUR POLICY ON DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO PARTIES OTHER THAN NATIVE BUSINESS
We may collect and provide aggregate information about our Users to our advertisers, sponsors, promotional partners, and affiliates, such as how many persons visited a particular page or activity or the likes and dislikes of our Users, but this information generally does not include personal information about any individual User. We may obtain geographic information such as zip code clustering from other sources, but this aggregate information will not reveal any personal information about a specific User.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email.
- Within 7 business days we will notify the users via in-site notification
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Native Business, LLC
12819 SE 38th Street, #111
Bellevue, WA 98006 USA